Chili Cook Off Rules
Chili Cook Off Rules
- Teams must file an entry form online by December 15.
- There will be a Grand Prize Winner. Among the prizes for the winner will be a hotel stay, free Character Breakfast at Aulani for a family of four, free hula tuition at Hālau ‘o Kaululaua‘e for two family members for one year and more. There will be consolation prizes for all other contestants.
- Each team must prepare approximately 7 gallons of chili. Chili must be self contained and served in 2oz. portions. The 4oz. containers will be provided.
- Chili teams must arrive at the chili cook off location in time to prepare their stations by 4:00 PM. Teams will begin serving chili at 5:30.
- Each team must be at their booth to distribute their chili.
- Each team will be assigned a 10′ x 10′ preparation area. If you need more room, let us know.
- The ticket holders are the judges. Each ticket holder will have one scorecard.
- All chili must arrive fully cooked and ready to serve.
- Each team must bring its own serving utensils, warmers, and extension cords. Spoons, forks, plates and napkins will be provided by ULC.
- Each team is responsible for setting up and cleaning up its area.
After you submit your entry form, you will receive:
- Confirmation of your participation and entry number.
|5 points –||Wow! This is the best chili I’ve ever had. I’ll probably dream about this chili tonight. I would want to eat this again and again and again.|
|4 points –||Nice! This chili grabbed my attention. It’s not the best chili of the night, but it’s certainly very close to it. I would definitely want to eat this again.|
|3 points –||Yup! This chili was good chili. Not the best, but decent. There’s something lacking in the recipe.|
|2 points –||Um. This chili was okay. The recipe needs some tweaking. It’s definitely lacking a few elements. I probably won’t eat this again.|
|1 point –||Huh? Was the cook sleeping? Not sure of this was chili or something else. Would definitely not eat this again.|
|4:00 PM||All Chili Teams in place and begin setting up booth|
|5:00 PM||Doors Open|
|5:30 PM||Chili cook off starts, distribution of chili, judging, entertainment and MC announcements begin.|
|7:00 PM||Last of judging ballots submitted. Tallying begins.|
|7:30 PM||Winners Announced|
|8 PM||Dining Hall closes|